Quoiromantic is a romantic orientation on the aromantic spectrum.
The coiner of the quoi- prefix, Epochryphal, defines being quoiromantic as "actively disidentifying" with romance/romantic attraction/romantic orientation "as sensible/applicable categories for you" or feeling these categories are "inaccessible, inapplicable, non-sensical". Co sees quoi- as challenging the idea that these concepts are universally applicable and relevant.
Quoiromantic is more generally described as:
- Being unsure if you experience attraction or not
- Being unable to understand attraction as a concept or feeling
- Finding the concept of attraction to be inaccessible, inapplicable, nonsensical
- Being unable to define romantic attraction so unable to say whether or not you experience it
- Having a hard time distinguishing romantic attraction from other types of attractions, or being unable to distinguish them at all (For example, you can't distinguish romantic feelings from platonic, or you have a hard time distinguishing romantic from sensual feelings)
- Struggling to find a better term because it is too complicated or because they just don't fit any other term
- Not experiencing romanticism in a traditional manner